Does Medicare Cover Varicose Veins Treatment?

Home Medicare World Forum Best Coverage Options for Me Does Medicare Cover Varicose Veins Treatment?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar PaulHaney 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CatMomma
    Participant

I really want to get rid of the varicose veins that I have on my legs. Will Medicare cover treatment?

#7710 Score: 0
    bwayne
    Participant

If the procedure is determined medically necessary, Medicare may cover some of the cost of varicose vein treatment under Medicare Part B (medical insurance) since many varicose vein treatments involve outpatient surgery. However, vein repair treatments that are considered cosmetic procedures are typically not covered by Medicare. How do you know whether Medicare will consider your varicose vein repair a cosmetic procedure or medically necessary treatment? The best way to know with certainty whether Medicare will cover your varicose veins treatment could be to have your doctor request a preauthorization.

#28620 Score: 0
    PaulHaney
    Participant

While choosing a health cover, one should ideally start by comparing the policies and benefits of different health insurance plans. Have a close look at the inclusions and exclusions in the most basic plan being offered by the company. You can try the different plans like Mutual of Omaha health insurance, Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplement, Medigap plan G and more according to your need from The Health Exchange Agency. I heard about its services.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.