Local Pharmacy VS Chain Pharmacy

Home Medicare World Forum Prescription Drug Costs Local Pharmacy VS Chain Pharmacy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar TheBeesKnees 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CatMomma
    Participant

Have any of you ever tried a local pharmacy instead of a chain like Walgreens, CVS, etc.? How does it compare? Are prices cheaper? Is customer service better? I’d like to support local businesses as much as I can.

#28156 Score: 0
    TheBeesKnees
    Participant

Chain pharmacies have hurt local pharmacies because they can operate so cheaply. Local pharms usually have way better customer service and have the ability to make custom drugs. In my experience the local pharmacies are more geared towards a patients individual needs whereas chains don’t have time to go that extra mile for their customers. The only real negatives of local pharmacies would be that they can have shorter business hours which can make it more difficult to get a prescription filled quickly. And they my have a smaller inventory. But this really depends on the place. Costs can be slightly higher at a local place but it is definitely worth it for the service that you receive. I would review some of the local places around and choose the top rated. Keep the local business alive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.