New bill to negotiate prices with drug industry

Home Medicare World Forum Prescription Drug Costs New bill to negotiate prices with drug industry

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar bwayne 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MaudeChardin40
    MaudeChardin40
    Participant

Read in The Post that there is a new bill being put forth that “would take patent exclusivity away from drug makers if companies refuse to negotiate.” Don’t know how I feel about this yet. What do you guys think?

~i should like to change into a sunflower most of all~

#28154 Score: 0
    bwayne
    Participant

I think it’s a good idea if it’ll help eliminate tactics that stop generics from being made after a patent has expired. Once the patent and the exclusive hold on the market expires, the legislation encourages competition to benefit consumers. Any drug company would be able to manufacture non-brand name versions of the very same drug, so-called “generics.” For a while, the system worked well, but not anymore. If the bill stops pay-for-delay agreements, citizen petitions being led by corporations rather than individuals, and authorized-generics policies then it has my support. America cannot be the land of opportunity if no one else gets a chance to succeed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.