Part C Now Covering Healthy Groceries?

Home Medicare World Forum Best Coverage Options for Me Part C Now Covering Healthy Groceries?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar PrincessConsuela 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CatMomma
    Participant

Have you all heard the news about Medicare Part C expanding its coverage to include things like “air conditioners for people with asthma, non-emergency medical transportation, and even healthy groceries”?

This is great news for me, as I purchase healthy foods regularly. How do you think it will be monitored? Will you have to simply send them a photo of your receipt? I wonder up to what amount they will cover.

#6700 Score: 0
    Sammy0219
    Participant

I definitely love that coverage for healthy groceries is a possibility because it helps people take preventative measures against further diseases. I can imagine that you would upload a photo of your receipt to a Medicare website or app; or, since Amazon is trying to enter the health insurance space, there may be a collaboration which allows your Whole Foods purchases to be tracked and automatically registered under Part C coverage.

#27868 Score: 0
    PrincessConsuela
    Participant

I believe this is only available to qualified beneficiaries. I’m not sure how you become qualified though. I imagine you’ll need to have mobility issues if they’re delivering the healthy groceries.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.