Recent rankings came out of the top 10 best Medicare Advantage plans, based on customer service, prices, star rankings, and more.
The main markings of high performance are:
- Improving member outcomes
- Chronic disease management
- Quality customer service
- Comprehensive drug benefits
Best Medicare Advantage plans
These are the top 10 Medicare Advantage plans as rated by CMS.
- KelseyCare (Texas)
- Kaiser Permanente (CA, CO, GA, HI, OR, WA, DC, MD)
- Tufts MA health plan (Eastern and Central Mass.)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.
- Capital District Physicians’ Health Plan Medicare Choices PPO (New York State)
- Medical Associates Clinic Health Plan of Wisconsin
- Gundersen Health Plan (IA, WI, MN)
- HealthSun (FL)
- Optimum Healthcare, Inc. (FL)
- Anthem Health Plans of New Hampshire, Inc.
Each of these plans earned 5 stars from CMS. This list does not include newer plans or prescription drug-only health plans. These plans do not serve the entire state listed.
Things to look for in a Medicare Advantage plan
Don’t see your plan on this list? You can still find a quality plan for you. Some things to check before choosing a Medicare Advantage plan are:
- star rating
- customer service
- chronic disease management
- preventative care
- member engagement
- resolving of complaints/issues
- updating members about changes
- drug safety
If you’re not happy with the plan you’re currently in, now’s the time to make a change. Open enrollment runs until December 7.