Each month, Medicare World takes a look back on the latest news and trends that are important to Medicare beneficiaries. Here’s our report for the month of April.
The month of April has been a busy one for Medicare news.
Prescription drug news
A major issue in healthcare is the prices of prescription drugs. Prices keep going up and there doesn’t seem to be an end to it.
This month, we featured breaking news stories on drug pricing:
- The Trump administration wants pharmaceutical companies to list drug prices in their ads, but the television industry’s fighting back.
- Drug company CEOs are taking pay raises for themselves.
- What are average prescription drug costs for Americans, and what can you do to save?
- Republicans are attempting to block a big drug price investigation in order to prevent drug company stocks from plummeting.
Medicare for All news
The other major newsworthy item is the continued saga of Medicare for All. This month, the Democrats unveiled their official Medicare for All bill. Since then, Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez have unveiled their own versions of a universal healthcare bill.
In addition, breaking news came out that large health insurance companies like United HealthCare are secretly working to crush Medicare for All.
As always, we at Medicare World keep you educated on everything Medicare. What does Medicare cover? What are the key points you need to know?
In April, we covered:
- The top Social Security mistakes to avoid.
- How to find a safe online pharmacy to purchase your prescriptions.
- Does Medicare cover prostate cancer screenings?
- What will Medicare cover for weight loss surgery?
- The 11 most popular scams going on right now.
- Will Medicare cover liposuction?