Each month, Medicare World takes a look back on the latest news and trends that are important to Medicare beneficiaries. Here’s our report for the month of August.
The month of August has been a busy one for Medicare news.
With the upcoming Presidential election, politics are top in the news.
This month, we covered:
- Trump’s plan to cut Medicare and Social Security in his second term.
- Democratic candidate Pete Buttigieg’s proposal for “Medicare for All Who Want It.”
- Trump’s proposal to cut Medicare’s Extra Help program, plus other important programs.
As always, we at Medicare World keep you educated on everything Medicare.
In August, we highlighted:
- What does Medicare cover for a hearing test?
- Need an MRI? Here’s what Medicare will cover.
- Beware of the Medicare scam going around offering free DNA test kits.
- How to avoid heat exhaustion this summer.
Prescription drug news
Drug prices are a big issue in healthcare today. Prices continue to rise and are difficult for most people to pay.
Here’s what we covered this month in prescription drug news:
- There’s legislation in the works to cut insulin costs in America.
- The Trump administration greenlighted a deal to import expensive drugs from Canada.
Keep up with us at Medicare World for much more in daily Medicare news and education.