Last year, the Harvard Medical School posted a blog that pointed to numerous studies indicating that CBD oil is effective in stopping and reducing the frequency of seizures. Here are other benefits of using CBD.
- Pain management. Nearly half of all seniors have arthritis, and 75-85% suffer from chronic pain. Studies have shown that CBD has few to no adverse side effects, and it manages pain more effectively than NSAIDs.
- Cellular health. CBD promotes energy by strengthening cells and contributing to cellular regeneration. It is also an antioxidant that fights against free radicals more effectively than Vitamins C and E.
- Quality of sleep. Many seniors turn to sleep medications when they have trouble falling asleep. However, these can interfere with current medications, become habit-forming, and lead to a hungover feeling the next day. CBD can calm the mind enough for you to fall asleep and avoid taking strong prescription drugs.
- Combat addiction. The country is currently facing an opioid crisis, and Americans aged 65 and older are not immune. CBD has been shown to help combat addiction.
- Improve heart health. Heart disease is the most common health condition among older adults, according to the American College of Cardiology. High blood pressure can lead to heart conditions, but a 2017 study found that CBD oil reduced resting blood pressure in 100 men.
- Deter neurodegenerative diseases. Because of the way it reacts to the brain and the central nervous system, experts believe CBD could be an effective treatment for Alzheimer’s and multiple sclerosis.
- Mood disorders. Everyone has mood swings, but seniors are subject to drastic shifts in mood due to things like declining health, disability, boredom, or the loss of a loved one. CBD can help regulate serotonin and alleviate stress, calm the mind, and improve cognition.